Monday, March 10, 2008

Consistency trumps talent


Final results from the San Angelo Road Lizards Trail Series are up, and suprisingly, I came in third overall. That's really because two other guys that thoroughly trounced me in two of the three races didn't do the whole series (one missed the first race and one missed the last one).

But hey, whatever. I'll take it. It's just more reinforcement that conservative consistency is what gets me my results -- professionally, financially and athletically.

Of course, the dude that won overall is talented and consistent. Hannah remarked that she was surreptitiously checking him out at the second race and couldn't figure out why his leg muscles were so defined -- why was he flexing? Then she realized he wasn't flexing. You don't get that ripped with talent alone.

No comments: