Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Me and the Weather

I don't get it. Not that I desperately want it to get consistently really freaking cold (CRFC), but the weather here in NJ is all over the place.

Basically, I think it's somehow karmically connected to days I go out to run. For the last three weeks (or more), every time I've had a run, it's been in the mid-50's or higher. And I've been running a decent amount (at least every Tuesday, Thursday and one day during the weekend). While normally I'd be thrilled to run in shorts in late November, the problem is, based on the previous day's exposure to the weather, I convince myself at 5 a.m. that I should be getting all polypro-ed up. As soon as I step outside though, it's like a sauna. So, while I appreciate God or whoever trying to help me out with the weather on my running days, I'm clearly out of sync.


I swear, this is every time I go outside to run. At the 8k I ran on Thanksgiving -- PR by the way ;) -- I ran in shorts and a t-shirt. Yesterday, RFC (but not yet CRFC). Today... I could have been in shorts and a t-shirt again. The projection for tomorrow is freezing.

Yeesh, it's no wonder everyone in my office is sick.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.