Sunday, November 04, 2007

Shoes

In going through and packing up all our stuff for the move, it's becoming glaringly apparent that I like two things: footwear and bags. Luckily, as I'm a dude, this has manifested itself in the socially acceptable accumulation of running shoes and backpacks.

If I were a girl, my closet would probably look like, well... Hannah's. So hey, there's something else we have in common.

I don't really know when this started, and as much as I'd like to blame Hannah for corrupting me, it's not her fault. I think it's just coincidence. Before we met, the two sports I regularly participated in either didn't require footwear or you didn't supply your own.

Once I moved to triathlon, the doors were wide open.

I don't honestly believe I have too many of anything; the problem is I never seem to get rid of any of it. I tell myself I'll use the old sneakers for lawn-mowing. Of course, we don't have a lawn, and by the time we do, I'll have moved on to at least one new pair of running shoes.

I think I'm emotionally invested in all of this stuff, which is probably the real reason I haven't thrown any of it out yet. The few things I have thrown out were after a long back and forth of placing in and removing from the trash.


Luckily, the running shoes I currently love are ridiculously inexpensive. As for backpacks, ummm... at least some of them were free.

No comments: