Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The clothes make the hombre

On Memorial Day, I went up to Harriman State Park and rode my bike around. The whole time I was out there, I was constantly getting honked and yelled at. This was a little surprising because at Harriman there's a 40 mph speed limit, rarely much traffic and cyclists everywhere.

I began to notice I was the only cyclist getting honked or yelled at.

I also realized that everyone honking and yelling was Hispanic, which seemed odd (not odd that there were Hispanic people in the park, but that, of all the people that could be honking at me, only that ethnicity was riled up).

About three-quarters of the way through my ride, one of the cars slowed down enough that I could hear exactly what the passenger was yelling: "Viva los Mexico!"

WTF?

Then I remembered what jersey I was wearing:



No comments: